Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Our Toronto Trip Pt. 3

After the ROM we headed to downtown Toronto for lunch, the CN Tower, and Ripley's Aquarium. By that time it was actually pretty nice out and the morning cool and snow had given way to a beautiful day. We went to a Boston Pizza for lunch and enjoyed eating together. After lunch, we headed to the CN Tower. I think everyone was excited for that stop, except Mom because she isn't a fan of heights. But she's a good sport anyways.
We got in line to go up and my stomach started to fall. It would only take 58 seconds to climb 1,000 feet. That's really fast. Thankfully, though, it was extra windy that day so instead it took 3 minutes. When we went up were were stuck by the door, which is a glass door. And the floor was glass. I just looked straight ahead and nearly lost my lunch. (I guess I'm not one for heights either.) But once we got up there - Oh! - it was amazing.
Us looking out. We should have gotten pictures of the view, but Mom was holding the camera and we were so amazed that we forgot to grab it.

Us looking down.

The view from the glass floor. Do not be fooled! It is much scarier than that. Dad, Alicia, and Moriah went on it. Mom and I just watched and took pictures. We were quite fine with our viewpoint.

Dad and the girls on the glass floor.

The CN Tower itself.
On the way down, we were up against the back wall and I enjoyed the ride much more. I could look out and I wasn't squished against the glass. After the CN Tower we headed for Ripley's, which was really close. 
Me looking at the fish. For the aquarium, us girls took pictures. So there are a lot more!

Look at how well that fish blends in!

These pictures look like something you'd find on a computer background or picture slideshow. They are so pretty.
Most of these pictures were taken while we were under the water. It was so cool to see a nurse shark just glide over top of us and we were in the middle of God's creation without getting hurt!

There we go. All our beautiful pictures from Ripley's. If anyone hasn't gone, you really should go! And if you've already gone, go again! It is one of the coolest places that I've ever been to.


After Ripley's on Friday, we were all very tired and our legs were very sore. I do believe we walked over 2,000 steps that day. So we got on the subway and headed back. We got to stand up, which even though we were tired, was pretty cool. As we passed from stop to stop, it got more and more crowded. We were stuffed and squished. At that point I was so thankful that I was older, and taller than most of the people there. If I wouldn't have been able to see, it would have made it much harder. We were seriously squished, and Mom, Moriah, and I were on one side of the subway and Dad and Alicia were on the other. We knew why we were getting "packed", as they call it. It was because one of the other lines had closed down, the one we were planning to take. Later on, we found out that there had been a bomb threat on that specific line. We were very thankful that the Lord protected us.
So Friday night we swam and slept well. Saturday morning we got up, had breakfast, packed up, and headed for the Ontario Science Museum, a very hands-on museum.
But, because it was so hands-on we didn't get any pictures. So I will have to leave it up to your imagination. I would write about it, but that would take a long time so I will just tell you that it is an amazing museum and I would go back. After doing everything, I just have to list my personal favorite list. First, Science Museum. But coming in a very close second is Ripley's, then CN Tower, then Casa Loma, and finally, the Royal Ontario Museum.
I will post later, but for now enjoy this and go do the CityPass. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment