Thursday, May 20, 2010

Still no pictures.....

I tried again, but it isn't working to get pictures on here! I think it might be due to our slow connection. If you remember just after I started this blog we got rid or our Internet connection to just have a break from being on line. Well, I am rather embarrassed to say it only lasted like a day and half and Bryan discovered that our computer would pick up someone elses signal. It worked really well for the first month or so, but lately it is slow. Bryan and I disagree on whether or not it is okay to not be paying for Internet and since it has been slow I think we might just go ahead and pay for high speed again. I would love to have high speed for watching movies and TV. shows again.
Anyhow, all that to say I am sorry for not having pictures to show you!
We had a wonderful time at the Zoo last weekend. I was thankful that we did not take Cassia as I was pretty tired by the end of the weekend. I figured out that at least for our family the zoo is best for children over 4. We had been there for about an hour and Alicia wanted to go back to the hotel to swim. And the last half Moriah complained about being tired and I gave her piggy back rides. I did find it rather funny that after complaining about being tired on our way to have our picnic lunch. All 3 girls were running circles around us after eating their sandwiches. I didn't know that p&j sandwiches give little girls so much energy!
We spent the whole day at the zoo and enjoyed seeing all the different animals that God made. My favorite was the lion, because he actually roared for us. I had never heard a lion roar in real life before.
On Sunday we decided last min. to go to a Reformed Presbyterian church that was close by, I mean very last min. but we made it just as they were singing the first song. It was a small church and congregation and they were a delight to visit with after church. When we had arrived a little late I had noticed an older lady wearing a hat in church, after the service and just before we left she came up to me and mentioned how encouraging it was to see the girls and I wearing hats in church too. She was such a sweet lady and she made it feel like we had some sort of secret friendship since we were some of the few that still cover our heads. We get that often when we visit a church if there is another lady with a head covering. It is nice to be an encouragement to these older ladies. They were such a sweet friendly church that we would love to go back and visit. I always enjoy visiting with other church families, especially when they are small like ours!
When we got home Sunday night and we went to our own church service and found out that my parents were planning on sending Bryan to pick up a car in Kingston the next day. Kingston is 6 hours from our house 1 way. We decided that it would be nice for both Bryan and I to go since he was just driving there and back. I called our babysitter as soon as we got home and after a couple tries, got a hold of her. She was able to babysit and since we had to leave the next morning at 5am her mom brought her at 10pm Sunday night so that she could sleep over. We are so thankful for Jessica and the care that she gives our daughters and the fact that they love to have her come. The more children we have the harder it is to find a babysitter!
So Bryan and I took off at 5am Monday morning and arrived home at 6pm Monday night. We stopped for lunch but otherwise were driving that entire time. Please do not think I am complaining, it was a delightful 13 hours of no interruptions. We were able to talk and enjoy some quiet. I thought of a Erin, Rachel, and Carrie, as I drove by the exits to get to your houses and wished I could stop in for a visit. Bryan and I loved the scenery past Toronto and dreamed of living in the middle of nowhere with just our girls and living off the land! Often I wish I could be selfish and whisk of far away from everything so that Bryan and I could really enjoy our girls and watch them grow and delight even more in their growing. It does help that we have as of late been reading and watching Little House on the Prairie. I told Bryan that if Pa and Ma could build a log cabin, I am sure we could too!! IN the end we decided that in reality we should just stay where we are........at least another 2-3 years!
Tuesday I spent cleaning up from our weekend trip and doing laundry. Yesterday I did some cleaning and talked to Krista, a good friend from South Carolina. We talked for 1 hour and 45 min. Her boys slept and mine watched little house and played. We talked until my girls got too noisy and her boys woke up. Today we went away all day to my mom's and did some biking and had a picnic lunch. Tomorrow I need to finish cleaning the house as I am hosting Ladies Bible study for this month and that is tomorrow night.
And hopefully soon I will be able to show your some pictures of my sweet little girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment