Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Moriah

I am trying to upload pictures from Cassia's 1st birthday, but for some reason it is not working, so instead I will tell you about our Moriah and what she was up to this past Sunday!
Sunday morning Alicia came to snuggle with Byran and I around 6:30am, I fell in and out of sleep after that. I thought I heard Moriah come down but since she didn't come snuggle I figured I must have been imaging it. A while later Moriah did come to our bed and I noticed that her shirt was dirty around the cuffs and her face was dirty, it looked like candy. I didn't think too much about it as Aunt Nicole had given her a sucker the night before and though she was told she couldn't eat it until after church the next day, they all had managed to get into them a little on the ride home. Bryan went and dressed the girls and then when I started to brush Moriah's hair I saw that she had a bunch of what I thought was candy in her hair! Now I was really starting to wonder how a little bit of sucker could go so far. After finishing her hair and Bryan came down with the other girls Bryan told me that it was not a sucker that Moriah had gotten all over it was JAM!! My immediate thought was why would she open the fridge and get out the jam and start eating it!? But then I realized that I had left the empty (or what I thought was empty) jar of jam out on the counter after getting a new one. So when my little Moriah came down that morning she saw that jar and remembered just how yummy jam is and she may have even remembered when her dear sweet older sister had used her finger and cleaned out a nutella container and since mommy and daddy were still in bed why not enjoy some extra jam!!
So my instincts had been right and Moriah had gotten out of bed that morning, she was too busy enjoying some jam to come snuggle!! Of course a good mother would have put her in the bath and washed her hair, but me, I just got out the water bottle sprayed the jam area and off we went to church.
But that does not end my Moriah story for that day. For that night at church after Bryan had taken Cassia out of the service Moriah found Cassia's tag blanket, it is a small blanket about 10"x10" with different shaped ribbon for Cassia to quietly play with (for some reason Cassia didn't understand the quiet part that night). Anyhow, Moriah found it and started playing with it and since I was tired and the other girls were not sitting still I just let her play with it. But then I turned to check on her and there she sat with her hat off and in its place the tag blanket. She looked so funny sitting there with the blanket on her head and then when I went to take it off her head and put her hat back on she told me that she wanted to wear the blanket. And since the blanket covered her head just like her hat I figured why argue and I let her leave it on her head. I turned to focus on the minister again and couldn't help but wonder what he would think when he scanned the congregation and saw Moriah with a blanket on her head! Eventually Moriah started playing around and put her hat back on then took it off and put the blanket on, so I did end up taking the blanket away. But I sure did have a good laugh (on the inside because we all know as a mother you have to be carefull what you let the kids know you think is funny less they repeat it and it is never as funny the second time).
So that is a little bit of what my Moriah is like! Oh, but then the other day while we were eating lunch she was sitting there not eating and I told her to hurry up and eat. She looked at me and said "Mommy, I am thinking- thinking about going to the zoo. I think about the zoo at breakfast and I think about the zoo at lunch" What a munchkin. Of course all the rest of us were thinking about the zoo too, as we are going there this Saturday. We are all very excited to sleep in a hotel and swim in the pool and visit all the animals. The girls are also very excited that we are going to have a king size bed at the hotel so that all of us can snuggle together!! We have often talked about needing a bigger bed when all the girls pile in with us in the mornings. It is so exciting to see the girls excited. So hopefully I can figure out why I can't get pictures to upload and then I can show you are pictures from the zoo too!

No comments:

Post a Comment