Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Old Bedroom....New Bedroom

I have been going around cleaning up our city house and taking pictures so that we can remember our old house and all the memories we have had here. So I thought I would do a post that had our current rooms and then what our new rooms will be. So I am going to start with the girls room upstairs. A room that their daddy worked very hard on. There were no walls (as in no drywall, it was just studs), no insulation, and no plumbing, but Bryan turned it into a wonderful bedroom, bathroom, and walk in closet. We have truly loved this room and I am sure we will miss it. Here is the view coming from the stairs. I will confess that before I cleaned up this room you could hardly see the floor, it had really gotten out of hand. The girls enjoy getting blankets out of the cedar chest and making beds on the floor.
This is our 'Polly pocket' play area. I love it because it keeps all those little pieces together. They do fall down the stairs sometimes, mostly when Cassia gets into it. I will miss this special area and I think the girls will too!

Moriah's bed, last year we bought all the girls quilts. You can see they all have their baby quilts that I made on top of their big quilts. This is the same bed I slept on before marrying Bryan!


Victoria is on the top bunk and Alicia the bottom. We got these bunk beds with the mattresses for $50. They fit perfectly in their room since it slops. We bought another set of bunk beds, they are already at the new house, we paid $200 for them, but they are nicer and newer and have a drawer on the bottom. Alicia will probably sleep on the top of the new set once we move.

The girls own bathroom! We will be going down to one bathroom, but it will still be close to their bedroom.

The other side of their room. I love the color, it is so bright and cheery! I bought 5 different different yellows and mixed them together and this is what we got!

The walk in closet! Usually this room is a disaster and I must say I am really looking forward to NOT having this room any more. The girls can't seem to keep it clean, but we have cleaned and re organized so now that I am feeling better I hope to keep it up!

The other side of the closet.

A close up of the railing and this side of the room. Notice the Rubbermaid container sitting
by the stairs ready to go to the new house!!
Look what I found!! I cute little girl, but don't worry we are going to take her with us!
Now onto the girls new bedroom! Imagine all the things that you just saw in the above pictures and cram it all, plus another set of bunk beds into the following pictures!! :-)
This is the way the Mrs. Brooks had the room. In the corner in this picture, you can't see it, but there is a big crack down the wall. We think there might have been a door there leading to the bedroom next door.

The other side of the room!
So can you picture all the stuff in there!! :-) Well, I guess that not ALL that stuff is going in here, like the cedar chest, that big mirror, the rocking chair, and all their hanging clothes. But I think it will still be full! I have wonderful plans for this room and all the other rooms in our new house!
The girls would like to paint their new room pink, I am thinking of going with a very soft pink, but we will see! We have to wait a few weeks for the plaster repairs to get down and then I can get in there and clean, then paint! And we can't wait to move in!! :-)
Stay tuned for the rest of the house!!



Note: It is a little busier around here taking care of 2 properties. Bryan had to cut grass at our new house and it takes 3 hours there, compare that to the 15min. our current yard takes!! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment