Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where did the excitment go..........

Well, we were 2 weeks into the 6 weeks of severe morning sickness. I will be so very thankful when this passes by. I think the girls are getting a little bored in waiting for my tummy to grow and for the baby to come. They aren't talking about it as much right now, but then again they have been busy with us having help in the house and them going to peoples houses. We have been very blessed with lots of help. This morning when the girls got up the came into my room and asked where daddy was. After I told them that he had already gone to work then asked who was going to get the breakfast. Well, for the first time in about 2 weeks, I got them their breakfast. Cassia is at my mom's so it was easy to do the older girls. In a little while my grandparents are picking up the girls to take them shopping and out for lunch, that will give me a little break.
I have good days and bad days and days where I just sleep sleep and sleep. I am not sure if it is the Diclecton making me tired or just the fact that I am growing a baby. I went to a Homeopathic Dr. before I got sick and it took about 3 different remedies to find one that worked for me. He told me that there are 34 different types of morning sickness. I am thankful that it didn't take 34 tries to get the right remedy. It doesn't make me all better, but it does help.
In some ways I keep hoping for twins, I figure it would be 2 for one in the sickness department. But then when I think of the business of having twins, I am not sure I really do want that. I am thankful that it is in God's hands. We are hoping for another girl, but of course if it is a boy we will love him too! It is kind of fun having all the same gender.
My days consist of me laying on the couch, sometimes sitting up and then sleeping in bed. I am able to eat and yesterday was the first day I didn't throw up. It is hard to remain thankful during my really sick times, I have been brought very low at times, but then God has always been faithful to remind me of His promises and to bless me with a good day too.
I am very anxious for the next 4 weeks to pass and to get to the part of enjoying the pregnancy and I keep praying that all will be well with our babe.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's exciting, though the sickness part is not fun. It's nice that you can look forward to "enjoying the pregnancy" in the not-so-distant future. I take it your nausea is pretty predictable?
    May God bless your growing family and give you strength as wife & mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The past pregnancies the morning sickness lasts 6 weeks, so I am really counting on the same this time! I sure am looking forward to taking care of my family again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog Valerie!!

    ReplyDelete