Saturday, August 21, 2010

Half Way and A Big Decision to Make......

Half way through the morning sickness that is, a long way to go for the pregnancy! I have had some pretty good days but it is not consistent. The noise of the girls really drags me down and I feel awful saying it but it really is so much better when they are gone or I only have the 2 oldest.
As to our big decision it is about a house again. We will have to make the decision to move or not in about a week. My uncle bought a 50 acre farm just outside of Ridgetown (about 20 min. from our current house and 30 min. from Bryan's work) He is going to sell off the house and has offered it to us for a great price....the cost is our current house. Basically we will just switch houses and his plan is to rent out our current home. The only thing holding us back is that the house is about the same size, slightly smaller then our current home. There are only 3 bedrooms and the one will hardly fit a single bed. There is one good size bedroom that has 2 single beds in it right now so we know we can put 2 sets of bunk beds in it. There are no closets in any of the bedrooms. The kitchen and dinning room are bigger then what we have now but there is no family room only a living room that is the same size as what we have now. There is a small storage room off the kitchen which I would probably use for all our hanging clothes and there is also a small garage attached to the house that is too small for a car that we would like to make into a bathroom/ laundry room. (there is only 1 bathroom and it is upstairs, it only has a bathtub no shower) The house is about 70 years old and the best thing about it is that it is in excellent shape. The foundation was redone a few years ago, it has a brand new well, the house is a solid rock. the property is 2 acres it has a bunch of trees and lots of room to have a pasture if I ever want a cow!
Having a small house doesn't seem all that bad to me, I figure living in the country I want to be able to go outside and not have to clean a big house. Bryan would like me to have a big garden and can, so then there would be time for that too. I think in about 5-7 years we would probably add a family room, but other then fixing up that little garage there is nothing that needs to be done we can just move right in.
So we are praying about it and waiting until we go and have a second look at the house to make our decision. I don't want to regret buying such a small house, but yet maybe it won't be too bad.
So for know we wait and I continue to dream about living in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment