Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Feast of the Nobility

Just under a week ago, on Thursday, December 13, I attended on of the coolest parties ever, my Omnibus Class's "Feast of the Nobility." I attend a class on Wednesdays called Omnibus. It has been going for 5 years and is taught by our pastor. It focuses on a lot of things, but especially the Christian worldview. It is a lot of fun, and I have learned so much from it!
This semester (my first) we learned about medieval history and the Crusades, so to celebrate that we held a Feast of the Nobility, complete with an archery tournament, a feast, a fighting tournament, and dancing to commemorate.(Courtesy of Dad for the pictures)
All Thursday afternoon I cooked and my feet were so sore! But it was all worth it! Around 6:30, the guests started coming. All of us got changed into our medieval garb. The girls had beautiful dresses and the guys had cool medieval clothing as well. Then we sat down and introduced ourselves. (We all had to have fake medieval names. It was actually kind of a flop because we never used them, using our own names out of habit! ;))
Our picture. Our class is 16 people, but those are the guests included.
I'm right behind the monk!
Sitting down and introducing ourselves.
After that, we headed outside for the girls archery tournament. In the cold. And dark!
Some pictures of us freezing!


Eating. The table was so far apart we were passing our plates to the left and right to get food. That also meant that a lot of people were reaching! This food was all cooked by us, by the way.
Dancing later. The dancing was amazing!!! It was so cool.
Me watching!

Class picture

All us ladies!

Cleaning up after


It was a wonderful evening. Dad and I were home by 11, and after talking with Mom we collapsed in bed! It was so great to organize this all. I love going to Omnibus! Come to think of it, we're having our Christmas party soon.....maybe I'll bring my camera along! Until next time, Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment