Friday, December 17, 2010

A day to catch up.........

My mom took the girls today and let me borrow her Internet as I had some banking and some other stuff to do. My iron has been low again and I have been very tired so I also had instructions to get some rest and not be too busy. I have been up since about 6:30am I stayed in bed and spent some time praying for my husband and girls and then I got up with Bryan to get his breakfast and lunch. Bryan told me to go back to bed and so I did, but I could not sleep instead I laid there for a while thinking about something coming up. And for the last hour I have been catching up on blogs! I read one that brought tears to my eyes, the writer just had her 12Th child and wrote about how important it is to rest and just enjoy the new baby. So often woman are expected to be up and going right after giving birth but really our bodies need time to recover. I tend to be the one running around with the new born (I went to a church service less then 24 hours after Cassia was born) but I have noticed that with each child I am getting a little more tired after giving birth, so I have resolved now that this time around I am going to take it easy and just enjoy this baby and my girls! It was such a good reminder for me!!
Anyhow, I am looking forward to getting some things done today and to get some pictures on here so you all can see just how much we are loving our new house!! We really are loving it here but there is one thing I don't like and have really been struggling with and that is Bryan coming home later. He was not home for supper at all this week. I make supper for 6pm that is about as late as the children can wait and the earliest he was home was 6:30. On Wednesday night he was only 10 min. from home at 6pm and got stuck on the 401 as there was a major accident and did not get home until 9:30. As frustrating as it was knowing he was sitting there so close we were just so very thankful that he was not part of the accident (he was only about 20 cars back from the accident) and that he had a cell phone so I knew he was okay!! Needless to say we are really looking forward to Bryan's time off for the holidays. I really don't mean to complain, we are also very thankful that Bryan has work and the overtime pay is nice, but we did just move, I am have been struggling with being tired, I don't have a vehicle, it his busy time and I don't know about everyone else but I just enjoy having my husband home and being together as a family!! But even in the hard times God gives grace and last night my parents surprised us and took the girls. Bryan and I got to go on a date, we went grocery shopping!! Also I was really having a hard time at the beginning of the week and by Wednesday was feeling much better and had peace, of course that was also the night Bryan was almost home early :-) God knew what I needed!
So besides not having Bryan home, which happened even when we were in Chatham, we are loving this country life. Our house is so bright so I don't feel closed in on the days Bryan is gone and we don't go anywhere. The girls were thrilled to have snow this week and we got out and did some sledding on our little hill in the back yard. The girls went out by themselves yesterday, I am always amazed that they take the cold so well. They get snow up there sleeves and pants and no complaints!!
I am dreaming of spring, I want to get to the library to do some reading on gardening I would love to get an apple tree and strawberries this year along with a veggie garden. Lots of dreams, but I do have to remember I am having a baby in April, so that might just slow me down!! :-)
The girls and I have been home a lot lately, and I do love that. Victoria is learning to sew on the sewing machine and is making little bags to fill with candy to give to her friends for New Years. I have been sewing a lot, there is nothing cozier then sewing away at the kitchen table while the girls sit around coloring! I made a nightgown for Moriah and let her help me, all she did was put her hand on top of mine as I guided the material through the machine, but she was so thrilled! The girls get so excited over such little things and it is such a pleasure to see that excitement. I would like to make the girls each a skirt for New Years, but will have to see if I have time!
Something new in our country life is the radio!! We don't have TV. though we still watch movies on the laptop once in a while, but we do have a radio! Each night around 7:30pm the house is all cleaned up, the girls are in their pajamas and we all sit down and listen to Adventures in Odyssey. I am not a big fan of this series, but I don't mind it and it is so cozy all sitting together. Usually the 3 youngest get books and quietly look at them, Victoria is the only one of the girls that really listens and understands. The radio is on pretty much all day, the girls love to turn on a Cd. too. It is a big radio with 5 disk Cd. and tape player and 2 big speakers. The only station that we listen to is the Christian one, sometimes I have to turn it off because the music is a little too rocky for me then the Cd. 's work, but we do enjoy the programs, last night Bryan and I sat and listened to one on marriage that was very encouraging. We hope to catch the continuation tonight. I love the background music and the sense of peace it brings to our home!
Well, that is all for now I had better get dressed and do at least some work!! :-) I need to find the camera and upload some pictures to put on here. So stay tuned, I am not sure how many posts I will do today but I do hope to give you some glimpses into our life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment